Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Whole New Idea!

Well, hi there! How have you been? I hope everyone is splendid. I have recently realized that not enjoying life is pointless and I am working on the optimism I have lost. I need it back, because those who truly know me know that I don't like feeling crappy. It just makes more sense to be happy. So that is my goal.
Speaking of goals, something that I would like to share would be new headlines "Music Teacher's Daughter Wants To Go Into Music!" Is that weird or what??? So, I know I am not great at music, but I never really applied myself. Music was always expected of me, so I took the classes, and thought I was pretty good. I was top chair in Elementary School, first Soprano in choir, but I never really cared or applied myself. Music was just a lot of hard work to me. But now, I have come to this high school and I see how amazing these kids are! I have never seen greater musicians in my life. Well, at least no high school students. The part that surprised me the most was the joy that they found in their music. You could see their soul come through their instruments and voices. This is something I've never witnessed. I joined the band and chorus, and halfway through the year it hit me that maybe I could become great too. I began to love it and fall in love with music. Band rhythms floated through my head at night, I'd practice fingerings on my pencils and wanting to practice every hour of every day. So I started.
I have also started playing my saxophone. And I want to be in jazz band. I probably won't get in until the present junior class leaves, but you never know. I think that it all started when my ex-boyfriend (ew that sounds gross, I'm not that old haha) shows off all the time and I wanted to prove that I can be as great or even greater. Green monster jealousy came out I guess. But I found out that when I play, all my focus turns to music and everything else that is troubling me fades away and I work and work at it, having no problems in the world. My saxophone is my goal and stress reliever.
Other things I'm doing; I am challenging a higher seat in concert band (flute) and this summer I asked my mom if she would teach me piano. Junior and Senior year, I'd also like to be in Chamber Singers at school, which is the highest choir. Senior year, if I get good at my sax, I'll have 3 music classes including Jazz Improv. This is something I want to do. It might be risky, but I do not care. I have fallen in love with music.
Isn't this crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment