Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Stuck Between a Rock and a Hardspot

Ok, I have a dilemma. I know this kid one year younger than me, who has had it rough. His dad died when he was young, his mom was insane and this person did not want anything to do with her. So he was put into foster care. He grew up in a very scary place and was passed place to place in foster families, all of which didn't want him and passed him on to the next family. Right now he is living with his aunt and uncle. This has been the best place for him so far, and I am sure a Heaven on earth. His aunt doesn't want him anymore and will start sending him away on the weekends back to the scary town so that she doesn't have to deal with him over the weekend when he is not at school.

I really feel called to help this person, and I pray for him everyday. I wish for nothing more than to find him a good christian home. He needs Jesus in his life, and I don't think that he can find Him alone. How do I help him? I keep coming to the thought where we could adopt, but I cannot ask my parents to do that. I do not think that this will be a solution, but I wish it could. He deserves a good home and family.

There is also another problem. I have a friend who seems to be in a pickle. The other day I realized that she was always starting to be really tired on the bus in the morning and afternoon. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then I realized that she was not eating her lunch anymore. This has been going on since a little while after Christmas break. She has also been ignoring one of her closest friends. Instead she has been hanging out with the "pretty, popular, and trying some not so good things," girl.

I think I am going to talk to her. If you have any suggestions, please tell me.

3 comments:

  1. Haley,
    I will be praying for you, and if I have any suggestions I'll let you know!!!!
    Thinking of you!!!
    ~Karissa~ <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you karissa! you are just so kind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually I'm against the concept of putting a lot of effort into converting someone to a Christian when they already have strong beliefs. In this case, it sounds like this kid really needs both God and Jesus. My suggestion is that you do three simple things: 1) Always be friendly and helpful. 2) Become a strong friend. 3) Introduce him to God, but SUBTLY. Thrusting Bible verses and church and pamphlets toward him will overwhelm him. Build up to it. Get his trust. Believe me--truly helping someone is a PROCESS, and an excruciatingly long one at that.

    The second issue could be potentially as bad if she REALLY get into the wrong crowd. But I suggest you do the same: talk to your friend. Convince her to come back to your friend. Feed her lines like "We miss you" and everything. I don't really know your relationship, but talking to her definitely couldn't hurt.

    Well, good luck, (times two)!

    ReplyDelete